Stéfan is Chief Talent Officer & CEO at Mandrake (www.mandrake.ca). He holds a similar role with First Human Capital Management (www.firsthcm.com). These firms operate in the Search, Career Transition, Talent Management, and Human Capital Management businesses, nationally. He is listed in the Who’s Who in Ontario, and is a member of YPO. Stéfan started his career in the Marketing department of Procter & Gamble and has a B.Comm. from McGill University.
Stéfan has over 25 years of experience in executive recruiting, and has influenced the growth of one of Canada’s largest privately-held search firm. Outside of his direct involvement in the recruiting of dozens of CEO’s, he has brokered several M&A’s. He has also led hundreds of executive engagements in Finance, Sales, HR, Marketing, and Strategy for various service, not-for-profit, and manufacturing companies. He is an expert on the War on Talent and the issues surrounding the changing face of human capital in today’s market, and frequently published, on air, or as a speaker. He is a leader in creating and structuring competitive advantages for organizations looking to attract and retain talent. Stéfan also speaks about change management, overcoming adversity, and personal leadership, leveraging his story around running 250km unaided international foot races in various deserts.
Stéfan has been very active driving social responsibility, including:
- Running for Nabs www.running4nabs.com Founder (Stéfan has run across the Gobi and Atacama deserts to raise funds for unemployed and distressed executives and helped raise more than $100,000)
- Skate for Kids www.skateforkids.com, an event benefiting kids at risk of which Stéfan is Co-Founder, -Chair has netted >$850,000
- Marketing Hall of Legends of Canada www.marketinghalloflegends.ca Co-Founder, and annual Co-Chair (MHOL inducts Canadians for marketing lifetime achievement, more than 50 inductees thus far since 2005, and includes various successful mentoring programs for marketers on the rise)
Stéfan is/has been on the Board of:
- McGill Business Faculty Advisory Board
- Privately held business in the Media and Manufacturing industries
- YPO www.ypo.org (global organization of young presidents promoting leadership and idea exchange) as Chair, Education, and former Chair, Membership, and global Co-Chair, Integration
- World Education Services www.wes.org,
- Social Enterprise Development Innovations www.sedi.org,
- The Power Plant www.thepowerplant.org (TPP - Canada’s leading contemporary art gallery), as Governance and Nominations Chair
- ProAction www.copsandkids.ca (outreach program from cops to kids at risk),
- American Marketing Association www.marketingpower.com (AMA), (global organization of leading marketers)
Stéfan is proud parent of two teenage daughters and an avid sports enthusiast:
- Top 20 finish at the Windsurfing World Championships, Canadian Vice-Champion
- Desert Ultra-Marathons; 1st Place (40-50 age group) Gobi March, 1st place (Team) Atacama Crossing, each 250Km Desert Race part of 4Desert race circuit.
What interests me besides business?
Family and Friends. I am an only son; blessed with two teenage daughters; and can count on great friends, old and new.
People. I meet a few hundred new ones a year. I read people well and study human beings; why they do what they do and try to predict future behaviour.
Learning. I invest 100 hours a year continuously learning and also give back by being a frequent speaker on various topics, from talent management to overcoming adversity.
Giving Back. I have helped create numerous mentoring opportunities via program design, fund raising, or simply public speaking.
Travel. I have a large world map at home with push pins on 50+ countries. We value experiences and adventures as a family. I welcome all travel ideas - if you have been and it was great, odds are I will want to go too.
Green/Eco. I am a Toronto Transit Commission rider and do not own a car. I am working towards being carbon neutral. Painful at times but it feels right.
Language. French raised.
Moving. I am a serial renovator; co-owned/renovated 10 homes/multi dwellings.
Saying Yes. I like to engage in life. A project shows up, I typically jump in and say yes!
Writing. I am involved in writing a book and I blog as well.
Other stuff. Kids and Parenting, Wine and Contemporary Art collecting, and Laughter.